I believe that you can never go wrong with chocolate when you are trying to tell someone that you love them. I am spreading the love with my chocolate tart recipe, this chocolate dessert is absolutely phenomenal and will end any valentine's day dinner with hugs and kisses💕.
This is a super easy, gluten-free and vegan friendly chocolate peanut butter tart with a chocolate biscuit like crust, it is the ultimate chocolate dessert to end off your Valentine’s Day dinner this year.
Not only is this dessert healthy but it is super decadent and rich.
Making these tarts could not be simpler, it all comes together in under 35 minutes. Its starts off with a 5 ingredient chocolate crust, which adds texture and a bit of a bite to the tarts.
The best part? The chocolate mousse like filling, that is smooth, velvety and creamy. To top of this amazing dessert, you guessed it, more chocolate, some crushed peanuts and of course it would not be Valentine's Day tarts without some red sprinkles.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Tarts
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
1 cup/ 250ml rolled oats
2 T/ 30ml peanut butter
2T/30ml coconut oil (melted)
¼ cup/ 60ml cocoa powder
A pinch of salt
2 cups/500ml dairy or non-dairy milk
190g dark chocolate (broken into pieces)
2t/ 10ml granulated coffee
Pinch of salt
Sweetener of choice to taste
3T/ 45ml corn flour
2t/ 10ml vanilla essence
¼ cup/ 60ml peanuts (crushed)
20g dark chocolate (shavings)
2T/ 30ml red sprinkles
1.For the crust, combine all crust ingredients into a food processor. Process until all the ingredients are blended and a crumbly, but moist dough crust is formed.
2. Lightly grease your tart pans. Press the crumbly dough into the bottom of the tart pans and up the sides. Place in the refrigerator for the crust to harden.
3. For the filling, pour milk into a small saucepan. Heat the milk until it starts to simmer. Add in chocolate, coffee and salt. (At this point you can also add in your sweetener of choice.) Whisk all the ingredients until chocolate has melted.
4. In a small bowl add in corn flour and a few tablespoons of water to make a slurry. Add the slurry (the water and flour mixture) to the hot chocolate mixture, whisk until the chocolate mixture is smooth and thick.
5. Remove saucepan from the heat and whisk in vanilla.
6. Take out the tart crusts from the refrigerator, Pour filling into the crusts and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
7. Before serving sprinkle over crushed peanuts, chocolate shavings and red sprinkles.
To make crushed peanuts, place peanuts into a freezer bag. Use a rolling pin to crush the peanuts.
To make chocolate shavings, use a peeler to peel over the chocolate.