These vegan chocolate cupcakes are moist, fluffy and have a delicious chocolate flavour. They are all topped with a smooth and silky vegan chocolate butter frosting.
This is one of those recipe that you will come back to again and again. These cupcakes are so easy to make, using ingredients that you already have in your kitchen. Nobody, not even you would be able to tell that these cupcakes are vegan. That's how good they are!
These cupcakes like my vanilla vegan cupcakes were part of a collaboration. Everybody loved them and honestly could not believe that they are vegan. I really suggest that you give both recipes a try and tell me which one is your favourite.
CHOCOLATE VEGAN CUPCAKES
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
160ml warm soya milk
2t/10ml apple cider vinegar
1t/ 5ml vanilla essence
1/3 cup/ 80ml canola oil
½ cup/ 125ml granulated sugar
½ T/ 7.5ml granulated coffee
Pinch of salt
1 cup/ 250ml cake flour
2t/10ml baking powder
¼ cup/ 60ml unsweetened cocoa powder
80g of vegan butter
200g of icing sugar
2T/ 30ml of unsweetened cocoa powder
1t/ 5ml of vanilla essence
2T/ 30ml of soya milk
A pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line muffin pan with paper liner.
2. In a large mixing bowl whisk milk, vinegar, vanilla, oil as well as sugar, coffee and salt.
3. Into the same bowl with the wet ingredients, sift in flour, baking powder and cocoa powder. Mix together until well combined.
4. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 12-15 minutes, until risen and toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
5. While the cupcakes are cooling. Prepare the icing. Mix together all the icing ingredients until smooth and creamy.
6. Spoon the icing into a piping bag, pipe on the icing onto the cupcakes and decorate
NUTRITION per Cupcake with frosting
calories 275 | cabs 40.1g | fat 12.6g | protein 2.7g