The ice cream festivities must come to an end and I am ending it off on a light note. No pun intended. Light and fluffy pancakes without any egg, milk or butter insight.
Cookies and cream is such a classic combination. So it was no surprise that my whole family loved this flavour. Creamy, smooth and velvety ice cream mixed with crunchy, chocolaty and sweet biscuits. I mean… a match made in heaven.
I was really confused for a good minute what to make with this ice cream, because it taste so luscious on its own and I really wanted to do it justice. Then it came to me that an indulgent breakfast would be the perfect recipe. Therefore, I present to you my cookies and cream vegan pancakes.
These pancakes are delicious; I know I have said that about all the recipes, since the ice creams are so amazing the recipes turn out so good.
Pancakes can be time consuming but these ones are not, made in one bowl with minimal ingredients, you will be in and out of the kitchen in under 40 minutes.
When it comes to serving these pancakes it was a no-brainer, more ice cream was needed. To the warm pancakes I scooped in a generous amount of Virtue Cookie and Cream Ice Cream, topped with fresh fruit and a healthy sprinkle of crushed up Oreos.
Once again I would like to thank Virtue Ice Cream for collaborating with me on these posts, I had so much fun creating the recipes. To all my kitchen ninjas, I hope you have enjoyed the recipes.
Cookies n Cream Pancakes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1 cup/ 250ml whole wheat flour
1T/ 15ml baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 cup/ 250ml melted Virtue cookies n cream ice cream
½ cup/ 125ml almond milk or milk of choice
4 Oreo biscuits
1. In a large mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Mix together.
2. Whisk in ice cream and milk until a smooth batter is formed.
3. Heat a large non-stick pan over a medium low heat and drizzle in a few drops of canola oil.
4. Scoop out heaped tablespoons of the batter and pour into the pan. Allow the pancakes to cook until small bubbles start to form on top of them, gently flip and cook for a few minutes on the other side until golden brown and cooked through.
5. Remove from the pan and repeat until the batter is finished. Serve your pancakes with berries, Oreos and Virtue Cookies and Cream Ice Cream.
NUTRITION per Serving
calories 493 | cabs 86g | fat 15g | protein 9g