Take your unhealthy bran muffin easy mix and turn it into a vegan healthy-ish snack or breakfast. Full of fibre and healthy fats, this recipe might become your new favourite.
This is one of the easiest recipes I have ever created and these bran muffins come together in under 30 minutes. All you need is your favourite easy mix bran flour, water, vinegar, flax egg and coconut oil. Mix all the ingredients together, bake for a few minutes and there you go, freshly baked bran muffins.
I have to admit this not the healthiest recipe I have ever created, but if you are in a pinch, they are worth trying.
Easy bran muffins
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
250g Bran muffin easy mix
1 flax egg (1T water + 3T water)
¼ cup/ 60ml canola or coconut oil
¾ cup/ 180ml water
1T/ 15ml lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease or line muffin pan and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine all the wet ingredients and mix well.
3. Combine easy mix flour into the dry ingredients, mix with a wooden spoon until just combined. Do not over mix!
4. Spoon out equal quantities of the mixture into the prepared muffin pan.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
Why not try...
Adding nuts for a bit of crunch and healthy fats.