Updated: Feb 26, 2020
Friday Night is pizza night this Valentine's Day. Share the love over a slice of pizza, add a glass of wine and you might have the perfect romantic dinner for two.
Without a doubt, pizza and wine is a classic combination, so why not keep it simple this Valentine's Day by making and sharing a pizza with those you love, over your favourite bottle of wine.
Mediterranean pizza with a brown rice base
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
1 cup/ 250ml cook brown rice (completely cooled)
¼ cup/ 60ml water
1T/ 15ml olive oil
½ cup/ 125ml whole wheat flour
1t/ 5ml baking powder
Pinch of salt
2T/ 30ml hummus
2 small eggplants (roasted or grilled)
2 small baby marrows (roasted or grilled)
¼ brown onion (thinly sliced)
¼ red or green pepper (thinly cubed)
¼ small pineapple (cubed)
2T/ 30ml tomato sauce
2T/ 30ml fresh parsley (chopped)
1. Blend rice, water and oil together until the rice resembles a thick mash, transfer mixture into a small mixing bowl, and add flour, baking powder and salt using your hands mix all the ingredients together until a stick dough is formed.·
2. Grease a cast iron pan or pizza pan or baking tray. Place the dough in the pan, use your fingers to press the dough into the pan and to evenly spread the dough into the pan.·
3. Spared hummus over the pizza base add vegetables, pineapple and spoon over tomato sauce.·
4. Bake the pizza for 20-25 minutes until top is golden and base is cooked.·
5. Sprinkle over some parsley just before serving.
You can add any toppings on your pizza, the toppings I used are fruits and veggies that I love on my pizza. Use your favourite toppings on your pizza.
Nutrition per serving of pizza
calories 495g | cabs 95g | fat 10.8g | protein 12g