Easter is around the corner and for the next 3 weeks I will be posting healthy and affordable Easter recipes.
I don't think a celebration is a celebration without chocolate. So, to start off the Easter celebrations I created easy, healthy and affordable chocolate Easter nests that require no baking at all.
These healthy no bake chocolate Easter nests are made from 5 ingredients and are ready to eat in 30 minutes. They are honestly the perfect treat to celebrate Easter. You can enjoy them as a snack or as a dessert after an Easter lunch or dinner.
I love this recipe because it is so affordable and easy to make. I used a sweetened dark chocolate, which was sweetened with some stevia, but you can use any dark chocolate that you have in hand. I would suggest, if you are using an unsweetened dark chocolate just to add in a sweetener of your choice.
All ages can enjoy these chocolate nests, but kids (my little nieces and nephews) especially love them. Recipes that can please both kids and adults are a true winner in my books. Hopefully it will also be a winner in your books too.
No Bake Healthy Chocolate Easter Nests
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 0 minutes
160g dark chocolate
3T/ 45ml coconut oil
Pinch of salt
1t/ 5ml vanilla essence
5 Weet-bix biscuits or Nutrifix
30 candy mini egg
1. Lightly grease a shallow muffin pan and set aside.
2. In a medium microwave proof bowl combine chocolate and coconut oil. Microwave until chocolate has completely melted, do this in 20 second intervals.
3. To the melted chocolate stir in salt and vanilla.
4. Break up Weet-bix with your hand and add to the chocolate mixture. Mix well, until the Weet-bix are all coated in the chocolate mixture.
5. Scoop out spoonfuls of the mixture (± 3 teaspoons per muffin cup) and fill up the muffin pan. (I was able to get 10 nests out of this mixture)
6. Add 3 candy eggs per nest and refrigerate for 20 minutes to set before enjoying.