A Healthy refreshing beverage that tastes amazing, is easy to prepare and most importantly is budget friendly.
I love making homemade iced tea during the summer. It is a great way for me to play around with different flavours while still keeping it healthy too. So, my newest flavour to keep you hydrated this summer is pineapple and ginger iced tea.
You honestly can use any type of tea that you like, but my go to is Rooibos tea. It has a very earthy warm flavour, that pair incredibly well with ginger and pineapple.
One sip of this iced tea and you are instantly exported to cooling summers day. So let's start sipping!
Pineapple Ginger Iced Tea
preparation time: 10 minutes
cooking time: 0 minutes
4 rooibos tea bags (Any brand)
8 cups/ 2000ml (2l) boiling water
¼ cup/ 60ml honey or sweetener of choice
Thumb of ginger
Mint leaves (optional)
1. To a large jug add tea bags, hot water and honey. Cut pineapples into medium pieces ( no need to peel the pineapple). Add pineapple pieces to the tea. Roughly chop ginger and add to the tea. Stir tea until honey dissolves.
2. Leave the tea bags to set for 3-5 minutes before removing the tea bags. Let the tea sit overnight, at room temperature to allow the pineapple and ginger to infuse.
3. Place ice tea in the refrigerator for 1 hour before serving, to ensure that the iced tea is nice and cold.
4. Before serving strain the Iced tea with a fine mesh strainer.
5. To serve, cut a few pieces of pineapple place into a large jug. Add ice and mint leaves to the jug and pour the cold iced tea into serving glasses.
NUTRITION per 250ml serving
calories 57 | carbs 15g | fat 0g | protein 0g